The overarching aim GREBE project is to develop and share support for renewable energy as a viable business sector for SMEs /microbusiness as a response to the unique natural environment of the northern periphery regions of Europe.
GREBE seeks to enhance the social and economic vibrancy of peripheral areas and offer employment opportunities for local residents. The harsh climatic environment combined with a unique natural environment means that RE is an ideal business opportunity in the NPA region, with both strong supply and demand opportunities.
GREBE will provide improved models of business supports and methods to aid the development of small RE businesses by adopting an integrated multi-targeted approach incorporating a range of factors that collectively will establish the ideal supporting conditions for small scale renewable energy business to prosper. These factors are inherent to the GREBE objectives, which are listed below:
- Assist with the establishment and refinement of a supportive policy framework for start-ups and existing SME’s in the RE sector
- Maximise impact of existing funding schemes for start-ups/SME’s, to optimise business growth
- Review and highlight technology adaption potential for RE, to make use of the harsh natural environment of these regions
- Improve business environment through business mentoring services and business growth strategies, to realise more competitive and successful NPA regions
- Attune the policy, funding, technology and business growth recommendations and supports realised by GREBE, to address challenges of remote and sparsely populated areas.
- Offer access to business development info for the RE sector, promoting transnational learning and networking in the sector.