This statement relates to our privacy practices in connection with GREBE. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites.
The Western Development Commission (WDC), as operators of the GREBE website under the Northern Periphery Programme (NPP) funded GREBE project, respects your rights to privacy, and will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear permission. Any personal information which you volunteer will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the Irish Data Protection Acts, 1998 and 2003.
Collection and use of personal information
GREBE does not collect any personal data about you, apart from information you volunteer (for example by emailing us or registering your interest in the project). Any information which you provide in this way is not made available to any third parties and is used by GREBE only in line with the purpose for which you provided it.
Collection and Use of technical information
Technical details in connection with visits to this website are logged for our statistical purposes. No information is collected that could be used by us to identify website visitors. The technical details logged are confined to the following items:
- the IP address of the visitors web server
- the top level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net)
- the previous website address from which the visitors reached us, including any search items used
- clickstream data which shows the traffic of visitors around this website (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded)
- any searches executed while on our website
- the type of web browser used by the website visitor
GREBEmakes no attempt to identify individual visitors, or to associate the technical details listed above with any individual. It is the policy of the WDC never to disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party unless obliged to disclose such information by a rule of law. The technical information will be used only by GREBE and only for statistical and other administrative purposes. You should note that technical details, which we cannot associate with any identifiable individual, do not constitute “personal data” for the purposes of the Data Protection Acts 1988; 2003.
- Information about cookies
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that, if you agree to their use, is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device. They contain information that is transferred to your hard drive.
The cookies that we could use can be split into the following categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into parts of the website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to the website and to see how they move around within the website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- The cookies we use
We use the following cookies:
|Visitor Analytics||_ga||Used by grebe.eu to see how our website users navigate the site.||2 Years|
|Visitor Analytics||_gat_gtag_UA_1893933-1||Used by grebe.eu to see how our website users navigate the site.||Until you close the browser|
|Visitor Analytics||_gid||Used by grebe.eu to see how our website users navigate the site.||1 Day|
|System||PHPSESSID||A core system cookie that is used to maintain website functions such as login sessions and shopping baskets.||Until you close the browser|
|System||wordpress_logged_in_x||A core system cookie that is used to maintain website logins.||Until you close the browser|
|System||wordpress_sec_x||A core system cookie that is used to maintain website logins.||Until you close the browser|
|System||wordpress_test_cookie||Used by WordPress to check that cookies work||Until you close the browser|
|System||CookiesDirective||Used by the website to notify cookies are in use||1 year|
- How you can block cookies
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
However, please be aware that blocking cookies may affect your ability to use the website. In particular, you may not be able to access all or parts of the website or use the functionalities contained on it.
Our website uses Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our website. We anonymise this data at the point of collection and automatically delete user and event data that is older than two years.
Where we store your personal data
All information that you provide to us is stored on our, or our selected business partners’, secure servers, and we will take reasonable steps to protect your information in accordance with this policy, including (without limitation):
- Installing a secure firewall;
- Using anti-virus protection software;
- Encrypting data; and
- Carrying out regular back-ups.
All data sent via website forms is passed through a third party relay service and deleted after 30 days.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to the Site; and any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.